Thursday, April 22, 2010

Over 2 and a half million "hits"

I was amused today, after watching a video of an incredibly cute kitten falling asleep on YouTube, by one of the comments underneath the video.  Someone wrote something to this effect:  "What I think is amazing is that more than 2 million people have watched a video of a kitten falling asleep."

It's so true; if you search "cute kittens" or "cute puppies" on YouTube, you can come up with videos that have been watched by millions of people from all over the world.  And why not?  What lifts your day more than a few seconds watching a cute puppy or kitten?  What represents innocence, and joy, and love more than a baby?  Such videos are one minor thing that can unite people from around the globe.

I, for one, will keep watching these videos, especially in moments when I feel down.  My own kittens are all grown up now, and as precious and cute as I think they are as adults, I can always get my "kitten" fix with just a few clicks.  In fact, I never seem to get tired of watching this one.

Here's the video:

No comments: