Friday, July 27, 2007

Nike drops Michael Vick

I just heard the news that Nike has suspended, I believe, its contract with Michael Vick and has stopped selling all products associated with the athlete. I feel relieved. Like many animal lovers, I wrote to Nike requesting such action, and I wrote to the NFL requesting Vick's suspension. I have read so much evidence that points to Vick's involvement in the horrific activity of dog fighting, and in cruel, inhumane acts that are almost unimaginable. I know that someone is considered innocent until proven guilty, but the evidence and charges are so horrendous that I'm glad that Nike has taken these steps.

It's also heartwarming to hear about so many Humane Society members and other animal lovers who have rallied around this cause. Go animal lovers! We speak for those who can't.

No comments: